This lemony white bean dip is lusciously creamy and a nutrient-packed alternative to hummus.
Don’t get me wrong, hummus is a delicious and nutritious pick, but it’s always good to switch things up, to get a wide and varied array of nutrients.
Why I LOVE this Lemony White Bean Dip
Firstly, its delicious.
Secondly, it’s versatile. Besides for dipping your Mary’s Gone Crackers, veggie slices, or hey, just your spoon, it doubles as a protein-packed spread for toast. I’ve even used it instead of tomato sauce on a cauliflower crust pizza.
Last, but of course not least, it’s nutritious. This recipe calls for a white bean called Navy beans, which got their moniker stemming from the fact that they were a staple food for the US Navy during the early 20th century.
Benefits of Navy Beans
One cup of Navy beans delivers a whopping:
- 19 grams of fiber (76% DV)- the pipes will be clean with this one
- 15 grams of protein
- 64% DV of folate – a B Vitamin that supports nervous and cardiovascular system health
- 24% iron – supports energy production
- 24% magnesium – supports bone and nervous system health, enhances control of blood sugar
Try this Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a ment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo or on Instagram. I’d love to see what you e up with!
- 1 1/2 cups navy beans (or other white beans), drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Put all ingredients except the oil in a blender, and turn the motor on to medium speed.
- Remove the center piece from the blender lid, and slowly drizzle in the oil with the motor running. Turn it up to high until the dip is smooth, about 10-20 seconds more.
- Pour into a bowl to serve. Garnish with extra cracked pepper, if you wish.
Webtec is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is , a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on