You spring clean your home, so why not your bod? This delicious Broccoli Basil Bisque will help you do just that.
I often get emails (Or s!) from people who have tried the free 3-day Spring Detox and loved not just the taste….
But, the results, too, such as better regularity, a flatter stomach, and even shedding a few pounds. All the while, never feeling hungry, of course!
Until now, the Broccoli Basil Bisque Soup has only been available in the 3-Day Spring Detox, but I’m sharing it with you here. Just too good to pass up! If you want the full 3-day meal plan, be sure to sign up for it through that link!
Try This Broccoli Basil Soup
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a ment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you e up with!
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 2 heads)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can cannelini beans (about 15 oz)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Lightly steam* broccoli for about 3-5 minutes, or until it turns bright green.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the coconut oil over medium low. Add the garlic, ginger, and beans. Saute about 3-4 minutes. Add the steamed broccoli, cook for another minute or two, and then lastly add the fresh basil and stir until pletely wilted, which will be 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat.
- Next, transfer broccoli bean mixture to a Vitamix or high speed blender. Add the vegetable broth.
- Process on high for about a minute, until a creamy and uniform consistency is formed.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately (it will still be warm, so no need to reheat).
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- *If you don't have a steamer, simply pour about 1/4-1/2 inch water in the bottom of a large pot, place broccoli in, cover, and let steam for 3-4 minutes. Drain.
Webtec is a holistic nutritionist and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers meal plans, ongoing group workshops both in NYC and online, and writes healthy and delicious recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke. Praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazine, it was a #1 new release on Amazon.