Want a quick and healthy breakfast? Try these super-filling breakfast Paleo Protein Muffins.
The less cooking I have to do during the week, the more likely it is I eat healthy foods. And no I don’t mean resorting to takeout, I mean batch-cooking things on the weekend, so that much of what I eat is ready to go, or requires minimal effort.
Just like these Paleo Protein Muffins. The ponents can easily be made before, and then assembled quickly the morning of.
The Best Gluten-Free, Grain Free Muffins
I recently discovered Simple Mills Artisanal Bread Mix. It is made with almond flour, arrowroot flour, flaxmeal, and tapioca flour. This is by far, the best tasting paleo, gluten-free bread I have ever tasted. It actually tastes like….well, bread!
Don’t get me wrong, I love my gluten-free breads, but they are often so dense and heavy, and sometimes too grainy for me. And while this bread isn’t light like a say, wonder bread, it does have more of a springy, fluffy bread like texture, especially when it is just out of the oven.
Paleo Protein Muffins will Sustain You for Hours
Made with three ponents – Simple Mills Artisanal Bread mix, hard-boiled eggs, and avocado, these e together fast, if you pre-make the muffins and hard-boil and peel the eggs on the weekend. You can also just scramble some eggs morning of, if you forget (or don’t like) hard-boiled eggs.
Two muffins makes for a super-filling serving. The healthy protein, fat, and fiber will keep you fueled for hours.
Try These Paleo Protein Muffins
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a ment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you e up with!
- Simple Mills Artisanal Bread Mix*
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Follow directions on Simple Mills artisanal bread mix to make "dinner rolls."
- Hard boil eggs: Add 1 tray of ice cubes to a large bowl and fill with water. Add 1 inch of water to a large pot. Place steamer insert inside, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add eggs to steamer basket in single layer, cover, and cook for 12 minutes. Remove to ice bath, and let cool down to room temperature before peeling. Slice.
- Reserve 6 muffins for another use. Now that all the ponents are ready, assemble just before ready to eat. Slice the tops of the muffins horizontally, to make them more like a burger bun. Layer with slices of avocado and slices of hard-boiled eggs. Enjoy!
Webtec is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. She has ongoing group workshops both in NYC and , and writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on