This vegetable curry is perfect for those evenings you want something nourishing and satisfying, yet you don’t feel like spending forever in the kitchen.
Use Whatever Veggies You Have
What I love about this easy vegetable curry recipe, is that you can use any vegetables you have on hand. Of course you can start with the ones I provide you in the recipe, but don’t feel pelled to stick to it. If you want a more fall-inspired dish, consider this pumpkin version.
Keep These Kitchen Staples on Hand
I almost always have culinary coconut milk and red curry paste on hand, and of course a variety of fresh vegetables, too, so I can whip this together quickly when I don’t know what else to make, or frankly, don’t feel like actually cooking.
I typically order the So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk and the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste at vitacost. (which is cheaper than in stores).
Try this Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 1 container culinary coconut milk or 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thin (2-3 carrots)
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1-2 tsp. fresh red chiles (jalapeno or Thai) sliced (optional, for EXTRA heat)*
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, and turmeric. Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Next, add vegetables, chickpeas, and optional additional chiles if you want it super hot. Cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in lime juice and salt to taste.
- To serve, garnish with fresh basil and optionally, a few more small red chiles.
- Eat this vegetable curry on its own, or serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
- *Only remended if you like really spicy food.
Webtec is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is , a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on