Who doesn’t love Guacamole??
I know I can personally eat it with a spoon. And you can rejoice, because you don’t have to fear the fat in avocado. It’s the “healthy” fat and will not make you fat. (sugar makes you fat, not fat).
You need fat in your diet. Your brain is 60% fat, fat makes up the membranes of your cells, and you need it to absorb certain nutrients. Plant-based fats (such as avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds) are all excellent sources of healthy fats and are very much apart of a healthy diet.
So, try this guacamole recipe and eat up!
Money Saving & General Tips:
- Reserve the pits and put inside your guacamole, to prevent it from browning.
- Place a piece of saran wrap over the bowl, and press it down so it pletely touches the guac, with no air in between. This will also prevent browning when you store it in the fridge.
- Making guac for a big group? Try using Florida avocados instead of Haas: they have more flesh and are usually cheaper. They are a bit more watery in texture, but still just as good when mixed with the other ingredients.
- 3 avocados, scooped and cut in chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ of a medium red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbs. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl place all ingredients. Use a pestle or a potato masher to mash everything to your desired consistency (you can leave it chunky or make it creamy).
- Keep the avocado pits in the guacamole bowl to keep the guac from browning.
- You can also press a piece of saran wrap down over the bowl, so that there is no air between the saran wrap and the guacamole, to prevent browning.
Webtec is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is , a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on
Share Your Thoughts
That’s one great healthy dish you have there! Thank you for that